Moving On

I moved to Utah in September of 2005, almost ten years ago. Since I’ve been here I’ve lived in the same duplex. Ten years in the same place. It was the stability I needed after all the moving I did when I was younger. I hate change. I hate it so much that I don’t even like to change my room around. It takes me too long to get back comfortable so it really bugs me. But some change is good even if you hate it.
The apartment I’ve been living in for ten years is a bit worn down and doesn’t have central air. This past summer was one of the most miserable summers I’ve ever had because of the unbearable heat. I was restricted to my room because the cooling units we had were not equipped to cool the entire house. We couldn’t cook or use the living room. When you go through something like that change doesn’t seem so bad. It seems like it’s time. 

So here we are today. I’m sitting in my new room which is pretty nice. The entire apartment is very nice. It’s like something out of a magazine. It has two bathrooms (the old place only had one), a spacious living room and dining area, and a nice kitchen. The bedrooms are huge and it even has a balcony that could be a small room if it wasn’t outside. I’m enjoying the place right now because I can feel that central air. After moving all day, I was hot and sore (ankle) but when I climbed into my bed I was fine because of the cool air. There’s no cable set up yet but the internet works just fine so I’m watching Frasier on Netflix. Overall I think I can get used to this move. It’ll take me a long while to get comfortable in this new apartment but it was worth it.

~Teralyn

No comments