Editor-in-Chief, yay!

Today Christa emailed to tell me that I got the editor-in-chief position of Essais, a literary analysis journal at my school. I’m so excited for this opportunity but also really nervous. Being the editor-in-chief means I am responsible for everything. I am responsible for getting a great journal out by the end of the semester. If it doesn’t turn out well then it is on my head; everyone would be looking at me wondering what went wrong. But even this couldn’t or wouldn’t stop me from taking on this task. This is a great opportunity for me to see what it’s like to run a journal and be in charge. It’s also a chance for me to see how I will respond when I am in charge. I am a quiet person until I get to know you. I don’t step up to lead very often, frankly it frightens me but I’m not going to let that scare me away. I can’t wait to get started and see what this experience brings.  


~Teralyn

No comments