First Day of My Last Semester

Today I started the first day of my absolutely last day of my undergraduate career. And I can honestly say that I am ready. I’m ready to get my second degree and be done with school. The first time I graduated I wasn’t quite ready, maybe I was unsure of what I wanted to really do even though I’d decided to go to law school. I was unsure of if I would be able to do it that is. I still had that thought in the back of my head about being a writer; my mindset was that I could always be a writer after my career was over. This time I feel like I will have the degree I was meant to have in the first place.
And I’ve decided what I want to do regardless of the money or risks. I want to be a writer. I am going to try to be a writer and assume all the risks involved pursing a dream of being a writer. Writing is my passion. I am always thinking of a story weather it is a new story or adding onto one I’ve already started. I live to write and read so I know where my passions lay even if I was unable to acknowledge it before.

I am happy to be almost at the end. This semester will be a pretty great semester with working on the journal and taking senior seminar which will help prepare me for the road ahead. I’m not really nervous about life after school. I know what I will be doing: writing and editing. Today is the first day of my last semester of my undergraduate degree and I couldn’t be more thrilled. Now I can’t wait until I can say ‘today is the last day of my undergraduate career.’ That’ll be a great day.

~Teralyn

No comments