10/02/2016


I cannot believe that today is my 28th birthday. I am amazed that I am only two years away from 30. I have mixed feelings about that. I love my birthday in every way and I am so happy to be growing up. I feel like a grown up now. I mean saying you're 28 has a way of making you feel that way. But I'm also not where I thought I'd be at this age and only being a couple of years from thirty. My twenties are almost over and I'm still living at home. I never thought I'd be that girl but I also never imagined I'd have a bum ankle so I guess you never know where life will take you.

I still have two years to get my life together. I mean I'm doing okay to be twenty-eight. My editing business is slowly gaining traction and I feel like it will only go up from here. I just have to keep working at it. I am writing more than I have ever written and finishing so many novels I've started. I have one that I am ready to get edited soon and put out there for the world to read. 

But having said all of that I am still dealing with some serious ankle pain that can be so unbearable sometimes. It is depressing and making my outlook on life somewhat bleak no matter how many good things happen. I want to be on my own. I should be living. I've been so independent for so long that I don't want to be reliant on others. I want to move on with my life like I see my friends doing. I feel like I'm getting left behind because I just can't keep up. I have to believe that it will get better. One day I'll wake up and my ankle won't even hurt anymore. One day something will have to give because I don't know how much I can take. 

Twenty-eight years old. How crazy is that? Despite everything that's going on, I am happy with my birthday. I am where I am meant to be. Because things haven't gone according to my plans don't mean that they aren't going according to plan. Life can be funny and throw some hard, challenging things your way but you just have to continue to live and fight. That's what I'm doing. I am so grateful to see another year. I am relatively healthy and enjoying the fruits of my labor. It'll all work out. It has to.

~Teralyn

No comments