February...

I started Spring Semester in January. So far this semester is so much better than last semester. I am only taking four classes this time around and one of them will end on the 28th of this month. One of the classes I'm taking this semester is a publications class where I will be working with other classmates to publish two of our academic journals. I'm learning so much already and I am really enjoying this class. I am also taking a grammar class and the last ASL (American Sign Language) class I need. I just haven't had as much homework so far this semester so it has allowed me to write and work on my crocheting. This is exactly what I needed after the crazy, stressful semester I had this past Fall.

So also I am almost finished with the first draft of my story "Song of Silence" and another I've been writing since 2009. Song of Silence is a young adult novel about a girl who is being abused by her mother and she's trying to protect her younger sister. The other story is a teenage love story that I don't have a title for or know if I'll ever publish it; maybe later. Right now it's just fun writing it and possibly finishing it.

One of my really good friends is pregnant with her second child which is a baby girl. I'm so excited to meet her little girl but right now I have to settle on making her a blanket. I'll post pictures once it's done; right now it's in the development stages. My boss told me she was pregnant back in January and she found out that she is also having a girl. So I'm making another blanket for her baby girl. I'm so excited to have some new babies being born so I can crochet blankets which is one of my favorite hobbies.

This semester is going pretty good. I like my job, my boss, and the people I work with. I think this is going to be a better semester than the last one and I'll come out of it not as stressed as I did the last time.

No comments