Made it Through Fall Semester

I've finally recovered from fall semester (2014) to sit down and blog about it. It was one of the most intense, stressful, hardest semesters I've ever had. I had a few classes that made me nervous about taking but had no choice but to take them and get them out the way. I had a class with a professor who I've had issues with before. It was just a crazy, busy semester and it had me near nervous breakdown a couple of times. I'm not one to break that easily but I swear if this semester hadn't ended last week I would have wigged out.

It didn't help that I had to share a car. Since I had the most places to go it fell on me to do all the driving. In late September, early October (I'm not really sure which) I messed up my ankle by slipping on a shoe. Yes, it's the one I had surgery on back in April. It hasn't been the same since and sometimes the pain gets so unbearable I just feel like giving up. Anyway I would have to take my dad to work, then drive to my job in Lindon (which is 10-15 minutes away from where I live and go to school). I had school at 1pm so I'd leave work at 12:30pm to make it to school. There are a lot of people that go to my school but not enough parking spaces. Sometimes I'd end up driving around for 10 minutes just looking for a spot. When I found one I'd have to hurry to class. After class, which ended at 2:15pm everyday, I had to go pick my dad up and then turn around and go back to my later classes. I am a person that thrives on consistency. I need a routine but it's hard to do that when you have to consider someone else's time. It took a long time for me to find a routine and some consistency and to feel normal.

I really don't know exactly what made this the worse semester of my college life. It just was. It was a combination of things most likely but I survived and did surprisingly well. When I turned in my last paper last week I'd resigned myself to getting all Bs and an A but that's not what happened. In the class I was most worried about, Contemporary Critical Approaches to Literature, I got an A! In my other classes I got 2 As and 1 B. I did so much better than I expected and I am happy for that. I am happy to be done with those mandatory classes and moving on to a new semester. I can only hope it will be better.

Now it's time to catch up on some shows on my DVR and read some books and just enjoy to couple of weeks I have of before having to go back.


No comments