Just Some Thoughts

So I called the doctor’s office to confirm the recovery process after my surgery. Because…well that’s just me. That’s just how I am. I like to know every step and process so that I’m less nervous.
Anyway, the nurse told me that I’ll be in a cast for two weeks then non-weight bearing in a boot for four weeks. I’ll have to wear the boot all the time even when I sleep, which to me sucks. After six weeks of minimal weight-bearing or moving around much I’ll start physical therapy.

After hearing this it makes me want to just cancel the surgery all together. I don’t want to go through the recovery process. But I know that’s not a reason not to have the surgery. I have to get over it and deal with it. I’m just so nervous about doing this surgery because well I’m just nervous. Who wouldn’t be? It’s something major but I think the leading up to it gives you more anxiety than the surgery itself. I have too much time to think about it. Time just needs to speed up and April 30th needs to be here.

No comments